- Our old car broke down and we bought a new one.
- I memorized the countries of the world, even Tuvalu and Kyrgyzstan. And I can spell them.
- I participated in the Tour de Fleece and went to Sock Summit.
- We went on the Great American Road Trip, culminating in Disneyland.
- I joined two quilt-alongs, the Farmer's Wife and the STARS, and have been obsessed about them, particularly the Farmer's Wife.
- I read (or listened to) a bunch of books and reviewed them. I need to get back to the book reviews; I haven't done one in awhile.
- There was a lot more: a family reunion, Family Camp, cleaning, shopping, blueberry picking, house painting, a little bit of gardening.
I created this block with a decidedly awkward combination of paper-piecing and tem-plate-free rotary cutting. The hardest bit was the Y-seam on the yellow triangles in between the flower points.
This block was entirely based off of 1" finished size squares and HSTs, so it was easy to figure out how to piece it but a little challenging because there are so many small pieces. I did all the HSTs without cutting the diagonal first, whether using a grid or just a pair of squares, so that helped. It took a bit of trial and error to get all the stripes pointing in the same direction.