Saturday, September 24, 2011

Buddy Walk

I took my favorite sixth grader to the Buddy Walk in Portland today.  This is the first time we've ever made it -- it's always on her birthday weekend.  But it seemed like a good time, since every other member of the family had other plans, and this is her last weekend to be 11.  How could you not love the t-shirts and balloon hats?

Her 5th grade teacher was there.
And a bunch of Star Wars people.
She got to show off her uncanny prowess at hula-hooping.  She made friends with the entire cheerleading squad from Central Catholic, jumped in an air-compressor inflatable play structure, and ate a hot dog.  It was a good day.  I had tears in my eyes a lot.  Happy tears.  I got to be her buddy and held her hand the whole time.

On the way home she said, "We are lucky."  Well, some of you know why I couldn't let that go, so I said, "God is good to us, isn't He?"  And she said "Yes!"  And the next thing I heard from the back seat was, "Thank you, God!"




No comments: