Monday, June 3, 2013

Design Wall Auditions; Stash Report

My design wall hasn't changed for a few weeks... still have the string blocks up with no definite idea of what to do with them.  I have been auditioning possible patterns for my next quilt:

A scrappy plaid quilt variation from the most recent issue of American Patchwork and Quilting; my own version of Santa Fe String Star from String Fling; or my own variation of a Civil War style quilt I saw at The Pine Needle in Lake Oswego several years ago.  So far I'm most excited about the Pine Needle quilt.  I really need to do something that isn't too demanding. 

Actually, I really need to do something that doesn't relate to school.  At all.  Seriously, I get the worst end-of-school-year mom ever completely.  Plus I'm supposed to find ways of grading about 400 pages and getting it turned in while still amusing my students for the last 3 days before field day.  And the Emperor's contest is tomorrow and I have to make honey cakes.  Okay, end of pity party.
Two different batches of gray tweed yarn reclaimed from two different sweaters entered my stash last week.  Here's the worsted weight: I counted it last Monday but it's only now dried and wound into balls.
And here's the Aran/Bulky weight.

Stash Report:

Fabric:
Fabric used this week: About 1 yard used
Fabric used year to date: 40 yards
Added this week: 1 yard (an old shirt of Steve's added to the stash)
Added year to date: 18 yards
Net used for 2013: 22 yards

Knitting yarn:
Yarn used this week: 0 yards
Yarn used year to date: 6000 yards.
Yarn added this week: 0 yards
Yarn added year to date: 3300 yards
Net used for 2013: 2700 yards

1 comment:

Elaine M said...

Your strings are lovely. I could see making HST with them, then pinwheels.