Monday, May 20, 2013

Monday designs and stash report

What I'm working on:
I enjoy string piecing, but it can't be an end in itself much longer.  I need to come up with a plan for my next planned scrappy quilt, or maybe I need to switch gears and make a very planned quilt from a pre-selected range of fabrics.  I haven't decided yet... right now I'm in a kind of holding pattern, just trying to get in enough creativity to stay sane during the stressful final weeks of the school year.
I did load Orca Bay onto the Megaquilter last weekend.  It will be quilted with black thread in my usual quick quilting pattern, squiggle-loop-star.
Grandma had me lay out and pin her "plus" quilt top.  She ties most of her quilts after they are pinned to a pre-quilted backing.
Here's another one I pinned yesterday.  These should keep her busy for a week or two!  I really like the scrappiness of both these patterns.  Take a look at some of the other designs at Design Wall Monday.

Stash Report:

Fabric:
Fabric used this week: About 5.5 yards for backing for Orca Bay
Fabric used year to date: 37 yards
Added this week: 0 yards
Added year to date: 17 yards
Net used for 2013: 20 yards

Knitting yarn:
Yarn used this week: 100 yards for a dishcloth!  woo hoo!
Yarn used year to date: 6000 yards.
Yarn added this week: 0 yards
Yarn added year to date: 1300 yards
Net used for 2013: 4700 yards

1 comment:

Allison said...

your string blocks are looking great! I was making some, but fell off the bandwagon. I need to get back to them :)