Friday, March 9, 2012

Sometimes it Doesn't Go As You Planned

My husband's 85-year-old father passed away suddenly yesterday morning.  He had been in frail but stable health for some time, but it was still a surprise.  Grandma and Steve are doing well: his two sisters are flying in today (one has already arrived) and they are going through clothing right now.  I'm hoping to convince Secundus to scrub bathrooms for me.  It doesn't feel quite right to blog about needlework, but I'm frankly so sleep-deprived from the last two days that I can't muster much in the way of deep thoughts, either.  It's been a trying week, even before yesterday.

We will miss Grandpa.  He was truly a sweet and gentle soul.

1 comment:

Elaine M said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. It is always hard no matter the time. Sounds well loved and a good life with a wonderful family.