Monday, March 5, 2012

Design Wall Monday and Stash Report

I've made three Farmer's Wife blocks that are waiting to be blogged in more detail, but that's what's on my design wall at the moment.  Up to an even 100 now!  And on the right is a little of Jack's Chain, one of my UFO's.
I'm still moving things back into the re-surfaced sewing area, but I love the stability of my sewing table... it feels like I've got a new machine that doesn't vibrate anymore!  I love the little cord hole that means I don't have to wrap the cord to the pedal around the front anymore.  I use that little cannister as a mini wastecan as I sew.
The cutting area is all set up and usable too.  I've realized that I need to stay on top of scrap storage because if I don't put away the scrap boxes after I make a block, I'll rummage deeper and make a bigger mess for the next block.  I'm kind of hoping to finish up the Farmer's Wife blocks soon for this reason... I'd like to get my scraps out once in awhile for a marathon sewing session and then put them away again neatly after I've made a dent in them.  But I have to plan each Farmer's Wife block separately and I'm not really using up scraps very fast.  Not that I'm complaining!
I'm starting to get out my stuff for this month's UFO project, which is not a quilt.  It's a bag: McCall's M5487, which I planned to sew along with a few people on Ravelry as a knitting bag.  I've had the materials for a year and a half but never started cutting or sewing yet.  It'll be interesting, working with different fabrics than I've used before.

Stash report:

Fabric used this week: .7 yards (Aunt Maggie's quilt binding and hanging sleeve)
Fabric used year to date: 21.6 yards
Added this week: 0 yards

Added year to date: 4.5 yards (all received as gifts, not purchased)
Net used for 2012: 17.1  yards

Yarn used this week: 0 yards
Yarn used year to date: 864 yards
Yarn added this week: 0 yards
Yarn added year to date: 492 yards (all handspun, not purchased)
Net used for 2012: 372 yards

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog