Monday, March 12, 2012

Finished Oslo Walk shawl and stash report

My thoughts are racing with much deeper thoughts I'd like to blog, but I find it easier and more soothingly routine at this time to talk about the work of my hands.  So I'll share my latest knitting finish, the third in the 12 Shawls in 2012 challenge.  It's the Oslo Walk Shawl by Susanna IC.  It's a pattern I enjoyed knitting, using my handspun Blue-Faced Leicester, dyed with Wilton's cake decorating gels to achieve a color a friend called "blurple."
I do love working with my own handspun yarn.  It's never a perfect, even texture, and I like that.  The yarn just feels more interesting as it slips through your fingers, no matter what kind of yarn it is.

Stash Report:

Fabric used this week: 0 yards
Fabric used year to date: 21.6 yards
Added this week: 0 yards

Added year to date: 4.5 yards (all received as gifts, not purchased)
Net used for 2012: 17.1 yards

Yarn used this week: 412 yards for Oslo Walk shawl
Yarn used year to date: 1276 yards
Yarn added this week: 0 yards
Yarn added year to date: 492 yards (all handspun, not purchased)
Net used for 2012: 784 yards

1 comment:

Foster said...

You have done beautiful work and I love the color. Great job!