At the beginning of 2013 I set some loose goals for the year, listing 20 "UFOs" that were either on my dream list or in various stages of progress. Of those, I am counting the following as accomplished:
- #5, a felted wool blanket (although not "the" felted wool blanket I originally planned, it counts)
- #6, Orca Bay quilting and binding, see above
- #8-9, Easy Street top, quilting and binding, see above
- #10, Crumbs auction quilt, see above
- #14, boxers in multiple fabrics - finished for Christmas gifts
- #16, Civil War repro/Pine Needles quilt became Country Stars top, see above
- #19, (ongoing) clean and organize sewing area - I did this at least once this year
- #20, have fun, or everything else is pointless. I think if I keep this in mind, I remain in a better frame of mind to keep being productive, no matter what the actual product is. But I need to remind myself now and then.
So 9 out of the list is not really bad. I will reevaluate the remaining things that didn't get done and come up with a new master list for 2014 in a day or two. I notice that I don't enjoy setting goals for knitting as much as for sewing; in the past, I have wanted to give myself permission to flit from project to project because knitting takes so much more time and my tastes do change. But clearly, I am not devastated about it when I don't reach my sewing goals for the year, so maybe I will think about having a combined list or a separate knitting list for 2014.
I have some other ideas for blog projects percolating in my head, not all of them craft related, but we'll see where the whimsey leads.