Monday, August 13, 2012

Fair Report; Monday Designs and Stash Report

I'm still basking in the glow of finishing my Ravellenic Games project yesterday; I also picked up our Fair exhibits this morning.  The Clark County Fair is over and everyone needs a few days to recover from that let-down feeling.  So fun to read all the comments, and we'll definitely enter things again... there's also a small check for winning ribbons, which is nice.  Quarta's pink applique "tea time" quilt got a blue ribbon and was much raved over by the Fair ladies.  "A keepsake item, enjoy!"  My Jack's Chain, Junior quilt only got a red ribbon: "Some areas pucker with quilting.  Kind of small for a baby."  Framed In also a red ribbon: "good idea - no points to really match. Binding needs help, many uneven places.  Miter corners a little tight."  Hmm, ya think that might be because I used many different weight scraps?  But the ladies in the "clothing" department were more generous.  My handspun Targhee yarn got a red ribbon, but then later also collected a Superintendent's Choice purple/gold ribbon. "Beautiful colors - watch for over spinning in spots."  Lady MacBeth garnered a blue ribbon and was apparently considered for Judge's Choice: "What a gorgeous piece of art!!!" And I loved the judges' comments on Nautilina, which seemed to inspire people to think about going on vacation: "Wonderful. How perfect with any color while walking the beach after a nice dinner in Mexico (I'm going in March)."  Sorry, nameless judge, but you can't borrow it!
On the design floor was this quilt from Steve's mom.  Isn't it charming?  I pinned it for her yesterday.  I love the flower prints and the different cream backgrounds.  She says people were pleased to see her again tying quilts in the activity room the last time she went.  I guess she took some time off after Steve's dad passed away.

My own design wall hasn't changed any since last week; Feathered Star still waiting for me.

Stash Report:

Fabric used this week: 0 yards
Fabric used year to date: 53.5 yards
Added this week: 0 yards
Added year to date: 28 yards
Net used for 2012: 25.5 yards

Yarn used this week: 540 yards to finish Rhinebeck (total yardage for sweater 1444)
Yarn used year to date: 5850 yards
Yarn added this week: 0 yards
Yarn added year to date: 3503 yards (all handspun, not purchased)
Net used for 2012: 2347 yards

No comments: