Monday, July 23, 2012

Design Wall Monday: Double Digits edition

The last Chapman has reached double digits today. She received a pocket knife, $20 spending money, and a game of Battleship.  I feel old.  Ten years ago this evening I was recuperating from an emergency C-section and the sudden sensori-neural hearing loss/ vertigo that had put me in the hospital 2 days previously.  The vertigo has improved, the left ear is still almost totally useless, and the baby girl has grown.  Birthday dinner menu: Homemade lasagna with meat sauce, green beans, garlic bread, strawberry spinach salad, and a strawberry triple-decker cake with blueberry frosting.
Design Wall: some progress on laying out and seaming up my old Log Cabin blocks.  I have no idea why I'm starting from the bottom, I just am.
I finished sewing the binding on Jack's Chain, Jr.  I may try to enter it in the county fair.

Stash report:
Fabric used this week: 0 yards
Fabric used year to date: 50 yards
Added this week: 0 yards
Added year to date: 28 yards
Net used for 2012: 22 yards

Yarn used this week: 0 yards, must finish something!
Yarn used year to date: 3406 yards
Yarn added this week: 307 yards (2 skeins, one cat, one Targhee)
Yarn added year to date: 3503 yards (all handspun, not purchased)
Net used for 2012: -97 yards in the hole (I really need to finish knitting something!)

2 comments:

Cathy Tomm said...

I love the log cabin quilt. Why start at the bottom, you do not knock off the upper blocks.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful log cabin blocks and your other quilt would be perfect to enter in the county fair! Happy birthday to your daughter and thanks for sharing.
Quilting at the River Linky Party Tuesday