Saturday, August 18, 2012

Randomday in Blue, with Boxes

Wah. Daniel is leaving for Grove City College tomorrow.  I am a basket case.
He's taking the Shirt Stripe Boxes quilt with him.  It will look very handsome on his dorm bed.
It's too bulky, but he'd like to take the blue jean rag quilt I made years back from all the Chapman men's worn out jeans and other pants.
Another quilt left home will be Noah's Ark, which I made when he was a little boy.  He's not little anymore.  The animals (two by two!) will have to guard his bunk bed until Christmas break.
I was just noticing how all the quilts I've made for him over the years have been predominantly blue, and from squares.
For the custom-designed valance I launched out into pinwheels.  Pinwheels are always cheery.  I doubt they'll help much when I wander into his empty room, though.
And the battered map of Narnia will stay behind as well.
The car is packed with the two roommates' belongings and three more bags will have to fit in before they roll out tomorrow.
It might work.  It's a long way to Pennsylvania.  Daniel is taking some homemade granola and blueberry jam.  I have had a Skype lesson.  We'll have to see.



No comments: