Monday, July 22, 2013

Tour de Fleece Wrap-up and Stash Report

The Tour de Fleece is over, although my spinning isn't, quite.
I'm pretty pleased with the yarn I spun.  There on the top right is my BFL, and in the center is the hemp that I spun at the beginning of the Tour.  I have quite a bit of singles spun which can't be counted in the total until they're plied.  Top left is one of two bobbins of pure Tussah silk.  At bottom left is the Kuchulu as it was a few days ago.  I finished the spindle spinning today, just a little bit late.

I made a plateful of my Jenkins Kuchulu project.  At 12:00 is the dis-assembled spindle -- isn't she clever?  (I call her Idelette because she is made of tulipwood.  It's a geeky Calvinist joke).  1:00 is the last of the BFL/silk from Dicentra Designs in "Salt Marsh" that has been my project for the last 3 years, approximately.  At 2:30 is the other cop I spun this Tour.  Then there are four little turtle-shaped cops from the last year or year and a half.  Then the 2-ply I made with the 6 or 8 balls I spun even earlier than that.  It's a little emotional to come nearly to the end of this spinning project.  I will ply it on my wheel, probably in the next few weeks.  I have no idea what the yarn will end up as yet.

You can see my stash entry on Ravelry for the Tour de Fleece here, with more extensive photos.

I'm recycling last Monday's design wall picture because I have only sewn a very few more short seams since then.  I can't seem to do both fiber arts and quilting at the same time; I see-saw back and forth between them.  I'm looking forward to actually using some stash soon!
Stash report:

Fabric:
Fabric used this week: 0 yards
Fabric used year to date: 41 yards
Added this week: 0 yards
Added year to date: 28 yards
Net used for 2013: 13 yards

Knitting yarn:
Yarn used this week: 0 yards
Yarn used year to date: 6550 yards.
Yarn added this week: 550 yards of the finished BFL in "Atlantis"
Yarn added year to date: 5800 yards
Net used for 2013: 750 yards

No comments: