Friday, March 22, 2013

Easy Street Finish!

It's finished!  Easy Street has the binding stitched down and the weather cleared up enough this afternoon to hang it over the quilt branch of the sycamore tree.  See those daffodils peeking around from behind the trunk?
I started it way back in November thinking about using up my lime greens, aqua blues and reds.  I started worrying a little that it was too Christmassy, so when I finished the blocks I made sure to use the blue for the outer border.  I even quilted it with blue thread.  I am sending out bright, cheery, spring-like vibes with this quilt.  I mean, it definitely will work for Christmas, but I don't think it's Christmas-only.  It was my first quilt where I consciously tried for a "modern" color scheme.
Easy Street is still up at Bonnie K. Hunter's website, but will be pulled in June to go into her next book.  I've seen a number of stunning different colorways around the web.
It will be a wedding gift for Eliyah and Nathaniel tomorrow.  Eliyah was our babysitter way back when and it is so great to be able to give her a quilt I made.  It is quite heavy, with all the dense piecing in it.  She's probably far too busy to be surfing the web today but just to make sure, I won't link this up to Facebook. 




7 comments:

Joanie's Trendy Quilts said...

Beautiful! Love your quilt branch too!

Frances Meredith said...

Well done on completing your Easy Street quilt - your colour choice looks great!

Heather L. said...

This quilt is lovely! I'm sure the recipients will LOVE it! I received a small handmade quilt for our wedding and I still love it!

Anonymous said...

beautiful!!!, yours is one of my favorites!!!

Kay said...

Beautiful!!!

Cathy C said...

I am sure she will treasure this beautiful quilt! Saw your post over @ Sew Many Ways. Please visit me sometime @ www.crosson5.blogspot.com

Jill said...

Congratulations on finishing Easy Street! The blue border keeps it from looking too Christmassy. I'm sure the bride and groom will cherish this.