Monday, March 25, 2013

Design Wall Monday and Stash report

I had a tiny bit of time to play with the Scrappy Trip Around the World over the weekend.  I have a second block started, with some of the 2.5" scraps I've been sorting.  I've been spending a lot of time trying to organize the fabric, but it's not done yet.  I do find it very soothing, though.

Saturday was very crazy busy.  Secundus had a planning meeting for his Mexico service trip; Daniel flew in for Spring break; we had about 15 minutes for him to shower, change, and eat and then we left for the wedding.  Steve and I let the kids stay longer at the wedding reception and we had to duck out early to attend a memorial service for Steve's coworker.  Lots of emotional highs and lows.  I gave pretest quizzes for my final exams on Thursday and there's an obscenely large amount of other end-of-quarter grading still to do, besides all the extra work last week for parent conferences.  But Spring Break is coming!
Remember the shirts that were waiting for Daniel to decide if he wanted?  Well, he says they're "too blah" for him.  Yes, I actually thought that.  But they'll make great backgrounds and blenders!
Smudge showed up for some cuddle time this morning.  I wish he wasn't such a naughty kitty indoors, because he's very affectionate. 


Stash Report

Quilting fabric:


Fabric used this week: 0 yards
Fabric used year to date: 22 yards
Added this week: 4 yards from the 4 shirts Daniel didn't want
Added year to date: 17 yards
Net used for 2013: 5 yards


Knitting yarn:
Yarn used this week: 0 yards
Yarn used year to date: an even 5500 yards.
Yarn added this week: 0 yards
Yarn added year to date: 910 yards
Net used for 2013: 4590 yards

No comments: