design wall this Monday: I spent the few days after Thanksgiving working on my purple Anita's Arrowhead. I started this last summer and after I made a big mess with my fabrics, it got sidelined for awhile as I concentrated on machine quilting and knitting. But I never cleaned up the fabric mess, and then I heard that Bonnie Hunter was going to do another mystery quilt, and so I decided I really needed to finish up the purple before jumping into another scrappy, mess-making quilt.
Easy Street, Bonnie K. Hunter's new mystery quilt. Since I've had it up to my eyeballs with purple, I'm subbing red for the purple. I've been wanting to do a quilt with a fresh modern/ shabby chic feel to it, and the aqua and red combo has been on my mind for over a year. I think the addition of lime green will be great. I'm going for lighter colors than Bonnie's. I have some solid gray and a few tonals, and I'm going for white-on-white prints or solid white, so the gray and white four-patches will be plainish when I do get around to piecing them. I did Orca Bay last year and I loved it, but it was super-busy and I'm ready for something with a simpler feel to it. I don't usually do mystery quilts but Orca Bay sold me on the concept. I hope I get some time to quilt this week and can finish up the purple and start Easy Street!
Stash Report: Keeping up with not buying any yarn or quilt fabric (other than necessary for finishing) this year.
Fabric used this week: 0 yards
Fabric used year to date: 82 yards
Added this week: 0 yards
year to date: 28 yards
Net used for 2012: 54 yards
Yarn used this
week: 437 yards for red Citron
Yarn used year to date: 7501 yards
Yarn added this week: 0
Yarn added year to date: 3503 yards (all handspun, not
Net used for 2012: 3998 yards