Monday, November 19, 2012

Design "Wall" and stash report

It's not really the design wall, but I've mounted Jack's Chain onto the Megaquilter and hope to start the quilting process soon.  I was so encouraged by finishing up the Feathered Star quilting, that I want to see if I can get this one to Tertia for Christmas.  It will be a simpler quilting pattern, maybe with a few spinning feather fans in the hexagons but everything else will be point-to-point arcs.  I apparently do not have any true white thread, only off-white, so will have to pick some up first.

Hope to share pictures of the finished Feathered Star soon.  It's one of my favorites ever!

Here are the candied chestnuts I made that I couldn't get access to the main computer to load Saturday.  As I pointed out, they don't really look that great.
Here are the girls having a gun battle after discovering an old, no-longer functional Nerf gun somewhere.  Tertia was looking fierce; Quarta tried to fend off nonexistent Nerf pellets with a pillow.
Quarta really wanted her turn to pose with the big gun when she saw I had the camera.  Tertia was having none of that.
She gave Quarta the old, non-functional squirt gun and kept the big one for herself. 

Stash report:

Fabric used this week: 6 yards (a vintage queen-size sheet) for backing Jack
Fabric used year to date: 82 yards
Added this week: 0 yards
Added year to date: 28 yards
Net used for 2012: 54 yards

Yarn used this week: 0 yards
Yarn used year to date: 7064 yards
Yarn added this week: 0 yards
Yarn added year to date: 3503 yards (all handspun, not purchased)
Net used for 2012: 3561 yards





No comments: