Saturday, November 19, 2011

How to Entertain Teenage Boys

When they were babies, it was very simple.  Feed, nap, change, repeat.  Now it's even simpler: set out plenty of food, and let them stay up as late as it takes to watch some epic movie series.  Last night it was Harry Potter 4-7 (both movies of #7).  In the past we've done Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, and Hogan's Heroes.  They take care of feeding and napping themselves, and cleanup is fairly minimal.  Here's the aftermath as Secundus and friends mellow out to Super Smash Bros.  I think I can say with a fair degree of confidence that I have mastered the art of entertaining teenage boys.  But I'm a little worried that my girls are approaching sleepover age, because I'm just not sure I'll be able to handle the drama.  I really like the low-impact entertaining approach.


Primigenitus recycled some of his college mail yesterday.  Just think of all those trees.  If only we had the equivalent in paper bills, we might be able to afford a semester's tuition!

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Girls sleepovers are easy. Give them make your own pizza stuff and some snacks. Gather some dress up clothes and make up and hair assessories. They will entertain themselves for hours. Then they will watch a movie and giggle till all hours and sleep like the dead. I had two girls and almost every Friday night they were each allowed five friends. I had so much fun with all those girls. My husband was a little out numbered though.