Sunday, July 3, 2011

Finished socks for Steve, and spinning

Steve's socks are finished and he's worn them twice now.  I've started a pair for myself.
Yesterday I spun one bobbin of wool, today the second.

And plied them.  I have a total of 5 skeins of this, approximately worsted weight from a Sheep Shed Studio grab bag.  Enough for a child's sweater.
More from the grab bag, but I'm not sure what I want to do with it.  Just spinning it to get it done... should it be 2-ply or 3-ply?  I also spun a bit on my Kuchulu with the Dicentra designs Salt Marsh, but don't have a photo to show for that.  It's been over a year now since I went to the Black Sheep Gathering in Eugene and bought the Kuchulu - I absolutely loved the experience of being with hundreds of other spinners and knitters, as well as the sheep farmers and wool merchants who enable us.  Maybe I'll have a similar experience at the end of this month, if I make it to Sock Summit.  For now, I'm really enjoying the lovely summer weather we're finally having, and the chance to work with my hands and not have to get up early for school every day.

No comments: