Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thrift store shopping

Last Saturday I went with a group of ladies on a thrift store tour of Portland.  Here's the stack of sheets I picked up.  I know, I said I wasn't going to buy any new fabric until I had my current mess under control.  Well, you see the loophole I left myself... these sheets aren't new.  I've started following the Vintage Sheet blog and there are so many possibilities for them.  And they're pretty, too.  I've started toying with the idea of opening an Etsy shop -- a new sewing machine won't buy itself for me, and summer break would be the time to set a shop up if it's going to happen at all.  I might cut them into fat quarters and sell them as bundles, or keep some to use as quilt backings.  I just got back from a combined trip to the Goodwill Outlet store and Costco and have another small bag full of sheets (no pictures yet).

On the Saturday trip I also picked up a few shirts solely for their potential quilting fabric.  And a few things for myself and my family to wear, of course!

I also found a tweed wool sweater to unravel for the yarn.  I'll post pictures of that sometime soon maybe.

Today I came across a lovely roundup of some fun quilting blogs from quiltershome magazine... check them out!

No comments: