Wednesday, October 24, 2012

WIP Wednesday

Remember Works-in-progress Wednesdays?  I barely do.  What is it about this school year that has made it nearly impossible to free time up for quilting?  Actual work on my sewing machine is at a complete standstill other than emergency mending jobs.  My creative corner is a MESS!  But as something of a consolation, I have been doing some handwork and knitting while watching TV some evenings.  I'm binding the Log Cabin quilt -- I only have two partial sides and one corner to turn.  And then a label.
I've been working on a test knit project -- using this handspun from a few years back.  It will be another shawl for my 12 in 2012 challenge, but I can't take a picture of the finished product.  Besides, it's only half done.  The yarn is from a 4-ounce batt by Butterfly Girl Designs, called "Mardi Gras."  It's always fun to work with handspun.
And I started a new shawl, a Citron in some red Knit Picks Shadow.  I decided after the Camping shawl that I needed a break from the lace for the rest of the year!  As for what I'm reading (for Ginny's yarn-along) I'm mostly finished with Mossflower and borrowing the Mark of Athena from a friend.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Beautiful handspun! Can't wait to see hat you knit up with it!