Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Summer tomato salad

I'm participating in the 31 for 21 challenge, but they say you don't have to blog about Down syndrome every day and today is one of those busy days and yesterday's post took a long time and I've been waiting to share this photo for a week, so here goes:

I can never have enough of this salad.  When the tomatoes are finally ripe, I cut some of them up, together with about an equal amount of peeled cucumbers.  Red onion is nice, but I had a leek so I used it here.  And sweet basil leaves are a must... although I usually chop them.  Drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and sprinkle with salt and maybe a little freshly ground pepper.  The only problem is it was too big for the bowl.

It was a busy day today and we finally redeemed our coupons for the Mexican restaurant that we got at the auction last May.  I'll relate one little cute story about Tertia* before signing off... we were ushered in and asked if we would need any kids' menus.  She stated, "I'm 13 now," and that was the end of kids' menus for her!  She ordered a taco salad.  And said "Gracias!" every time the waiter came to our table.  She knows how it should be done!



* blogname for my 3rd daughter, the one with Down syndrome.

No comments: