yarn-along project, I'm still working on my Black Roses stole (a.k.a. Lady MacBeth because my homemade dye job comes off on my hands as I knit). I've been taking it to swim lessons the last few weeks and am finally almost done with the long slog. The Madhur Jaffrey cookbook I borrowed from the library... oh my, such good recipes! I've tried ground turkey kebabs flavored with yogurt, coriander and mint; some pan-fried fish, and several different recipes for different kinds of dal. Yum! It's not that difficult to cook some cumin and mustard seeds in oil and saute onions with them, and it adds so much flavor to a dish. I could really get to like Indian cooking, and so could my family.
The summary of WIPs:
- purple arrowhead blocks - no progress this week
- baby Jack's chain binding - no progress
- log cabin blocks - evaluating
- knitting Black Roses Stole - 85% done!
- knitting "Summer Flies" - minimal progress this week
- spinning Tour de Fleece - I've spun about 1000 yards of 3-ply yarn so far!