Wednesday, August 24, 2011

WIP Wednesday #8

With Family Camp and painting going on this week, I didn't get much sewing done.  This is the Farmer's Wife Quilt block 25: Cups and Saucers.  I'm glad it was a simple 9-patch and easy to analyze.
Here's block 26: Cut Glass Dish.  Another 9-patch grid.  I had fun choosing "sparkly" fabrics for this one.  I think it really does give the look of cut glass.
I'm working on block 2 of the STARS quilt-along.  I'm planning on doing 4 of each block and winding up with a twin-size quilt.  I haven't repeated a print yet, and it's all from my stash. 

No real progress on the Japanese Lanterns machine quilting.  I have 3 other quilt tops waiting for quilting, too.
My current knitting project: Stashbuster Spirals socks for Primigenitus.  I'm loving how the different bits and bobs of leftover sock yarn combine.  There are three primary yarns: a slow-changing variegated yarn from my Leyburns, the blue variegated one leftover from Steve's most recent pair, and the self-striping yarn leftovers from socks I made for myself on our UK bus tour back in 2005.  Should be finished soon, and I'll start another pair because I have lots more leftovers to use up.  The next pair will probably be in shades of green.

I'm linking up to Freshly Pieced so you can check out what lots of other crafty bloggers are up to.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

I like your farmer's wife block colours, love the stars, and your socks are great!