Friday, August 5, 2011

End of the Week

I'm not used to weeks this busy.  Here's the tally, so far:
  • two airport runs
  • 11 dinner guests Sunday p.m. (sandwiches)
  • 7 overnight houseguests Sun. p.m. - Thurs. a.m. (2 adults, 5 cousins)
  • numerous carpools and car exchanges
  • 13 dinner guests Monday p.m. (hamburgers, hotdogs, potato salad, baked beans, brownies)
  • one trip, 14 people, to Powell's Books on Tuesday
  • 13 dinner guests Tuesday p.m. (pepperoncini beef sandwiches, or with rice; cake)
  • one 14-year-old boy (Secundus, of course) who broke his front tooth playing "fish out of water" and had to be taken to the dentist for an emergency filling at 8 p.m. Tuesday.
  • 9 dinner guests Wed. p.m. (soft tacos/ Mexican mountains.  Made with ground turkey that I promise I cooked to an internal temp. hot enough to kill any possible salmonella).
  • Early pickup for me Thurs. a.m. to carpool to Newberg, OR for the Veritas conference.
  • One mother-in-law who waited until the cousins had all left before telling Steve about the chest pain she had been having and asking to be taken to the E.R.  One stent inserted through balloon angioplasty and one overnight hospital stay.
  • Early pickup again this morning for the Veritas conference.
  • Steve and the kids took in the Clark County Fair this morning and then picked up Grandma at the hospital and took her home.
The Veritas conference was good and very stimulating, and I'm almost done knitting my socks, but I'll spare you the brain dump.  I'm ready for a very slow evening of mindless TV.  And putting in a request for a very boring week next week.

1 comment:

Auntie Stina said...

I'm exhausted just reading that! You're superwoman!