I'm getting close to finishing the sashing job on the Farmer's Wife Quilt.
This last week I dusted off the three boxes of pieces for my Jack's Chain quilt project. Finishing half of the remaining piecing is my UFO for April. It's a pretty pattern but has lots of set-in seams, which is why it's a UFO.
On the whole, I prefer straight seams and quilts that go together quickly. But I will try to persevere with this.
On the knitting front, I have decided to call my Rose Lace Stole "Lady MacBeth." I love knitting with cashmere, but cobweb home-dyed cashmere that turns my hands bright pink after a few rows can get to be an endurance test. I think I will add another 40 rows of the basic pattern before starting the lace (and beads hopefully) edging: this is about120 rows right here. Then I have to do the same thing all over again from the provisional cast-on for the other side.
I decided, spur of the moment, to start another shawl too. This is Traveling Companion Shawl in some older fingering weight alpaca I found at an estate sale. It is easier to knit with and doesn't turn my hands weird colors.
Farmer's Wife Quilt - about 75% done with sashing
March UFO knitting bag - no progress, shame on me.
April UFO Jack's Chain quilt - some progress
knitting Black Roses Stole - about 30% done.
cast on Traveling Companion Shawl
knitting cotton bath rug - no progress
knitting argyle-fest - no progress
spinning - small progress on blue Wensleydale
Startitis - I started the new shawl, but resisted the urge to start a new quilt project. It's still there, though. I want to start a new quilt project. The fabric is calling me.
Linking up to Freshly Pieced
... check out other people's work!
Wow - looks like you had a productive week. Everything looks great!
Post a Comment