Wednesday, April 11, 2012

WIP Wednesday: Brought to you by the Spring Break Dishcloths

A couple of years ago I created my own variation on the famous Peaches-n-Creme Ballband dishcloth.  I wrote it up as a pattern and it's on Ravelry.  For free... check it out!  My one and only published pattern!
Whenever life seems too stressful for other kinds of knitting I put one of these on the needles, sometimes with different scraps and bits of cotton yarn, and sometimes even using intarsia.
Sometimes I'll use a different dishcloth pattern altogether.  This is the Linoleum Dishcloth by Kay Gardiner of Mason-Dixon Knitting.  It's a really pretty pattern, but I can't seem to memorize it so I always have to look at the paper.
And I keep coming back to my own pattern.  This much intarsia gets pretty tangly, but it's still a dead-simple knitting pattern and uses up scraps.  I like to have enough dishcloths made to give one to each teacher every year at Christmas.
Other WIPs:
  • Farmer's Wife Quilt - about 30% done with sashing - see it here.

  • March UFO knitting bag - no progress, but still in my sewing area and I will get to it.  Someday.

  • April UFO Jack's Chain quilt - no progress, but I'm thinking about it.

  • knitting Black Roses Stole - about 25% done, I need to buy a really tiny crochet hook for the beads I want to add.

  • knitting cotton bath rug - no progress

  • knitting argyle-fest - no progress

  • spinning - I have not done any spinning for 2 weeks.

  • Startitis - I really want to start a bunch of stuff.  Now that Spring break is over and my grading is done for 3rd quarter, maybe I can.  I'm dreaming of another shawl and at least 2 or 3 different quilt projects.


  • Linking up to Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday.

    No comments: