Wednesday, April 18, 2012

WIP Wednesday: Quilting and Knitting projects and progress

I'm getting close to finishing the sashing job on the Farmer's Wife Quilt.
This last week I dusted off the three boxes of pieces for my Jack's Chain quilt project.  Finishing half of the remaining piecing is my UFO for April.  It's a pretty pattern but has lots of set-in seams, which is why it's a UFO.
On the whole, I prefer straight seams and quilts that go together quickly.  But I will try to persevere with this. 
On the knitting front, I have decided to call my Rose Lace Stole "Lady MacBeth."  I love knitting with cashmere, but cobweb home-dyed cashmere that turns my hands bright pink after a few rows can get to be an endurance test.  I think I will add another 40 rows of the basic pattern before starting the lace (and beads hopefully) edging: this is about120 rows right here.  Then I have to do the same thing all over again from the provisional cast-on for the other side.
I decided, spur of the moment, to start another shawl too.  This is Traveling Companion Shawl in some older fingering weight alpaca I found at an estate sale.  It is easier to knit with and doesn't turn my hands weird colors.

  • Farmer's Wife Quilt - about 75% done with sashing

  • March UFO knitting bag - no progress, shame on me.

  • April UFO Jack's Chain quilt - some progress

  • knitting Black Roses Stole - about 30% done.

  • cast on Traveling Companion Shawl

  • knitting cotton bath rug - no progress

  • knitting argyle-fest - no progress

  • spinning - small progress on blue Wensleydale

  • Startitis - I started the new shawl, but resisted the urge to start a new quilt project.  It's still there, though.  I want to start a new quilt project.  The fabric is calling me.


  • Linking up to Freshly Pieced... check out other people's work!

    1 comment:

    Beth said...

    Wow - looks like you had a productive week. Everything looks great!