Thursday, April 19, 2012

Kid updates

Primigenitus is in a play this week.  He's also finished up his Senior thesis (a 9-page essay on leadership), his Senior project (a science fiction novella), and is taking off with Steve next week to visit his two college choices, at the end of which he will have to make his final decision and make his deposit.  Stress city, yes it is.  I've proofread both his writings and pronounced them good.  I maintain my right to favor my alma mater over the other school whenever the subject comes up.

Secundus keeps stealing handfuls of the dried fruits I'm planning to put in the granola I haven't had a chance to make this week.  He has a hobbit-like appetite and believes in at least one snack per year of his age after dinner.  He's 15, and no, I don't think I'm exaggerating at all.

Tertia had a rough day today, but she was very brave.  She had to have three baby teeth extracted, to make room for a few permanent teeth (she's missing several and will probably eventually need implants) to poke through before she has to start going to the orthodontist in a few more months.  She got out of school early and missed drama practice for this, and came home to the ultimate comfort video - Cinderella.  And soft food for dinner.  The Tooth Fairy sent her a note with her special package deal: a Webkinz of her choice and a trip with mom to pick it out.

Quarta is, according to her own account, having a rough life.  She has been on the unloading/reloading the dishwasher chore for 2 weeks and holding because she can't do it without complaining at the top of her lungs.  It's a test of wills, and I'm most definitely not looking forward to next week with no backup.  And yes, she's almost 10 and should know better.

And school... there's school tomorrow, and Grandparents' day, and a special assembly.  I have promised my 7th and 8th grade classes that we'll play Latin Jeopardy.  Sometime I have to finish grading the quizzes and writing the parent memos for the National Latin Exam results.  It would be preferable to do it before tomorrow morning.

No comments: