Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Finished Baby Sweater and Stash Report

I think I can finally blog about this finished baby sweater from 2011.  I used the Elliot Sweater, a free pattern, and my handspun merino from Crazy Hat Lady (I spun it up and N-Plied it during the Tour de Fleece last summer).  The Ravelry project page is here.  It was a long-overdue baby gift for my sister Sarah's newest little girl, and I couldn't be happier with the softness of the yarn and the way the colors organized themselves.  Hope it fits her... I made the 12-month size, but she's been growing!

Okay, there is a stash accountability thing going on at Judy L.'s blog, and I'm going to make an attempt to participate.  Why? Because I have way too much fabric -- same reason as I'm participating in the UFO challenge.   I'm also going to be tracking my yarn usage.  And I'm not going to purchase any yarn or fabric (unless essential for a quilt backing or immediate need*) until the end of May.  Here's how I'm going to do it: I just don't see myself keeping precise records, so I will count fabric used only when I have a finished item: either a quilt top, or quilt backing, for example, finished since the last update, and thus yardage moved out of the working stash.  I reserve the right to estimate yardage based on my own obscure mathematical calculations, and will attempt to be transparent about the amount of stuff moved out of my cupboards, bins, and boxes.  I can assure you, I want it out of there just about as much as anyone else could, and not just so I can justify buying more.  Nope, I want to simplify my crafting life, and enjoy serenity in my little quilting corner.  It's not what you could describe as serene right now, by any stretch of the imagination.


Fabric used this week: 0 yards
Fabric used year to date: 0 yards
Added this week: 0 yards
Added year to date: 0 yards
Net used for 2012: 0 yards

Yarn used this week: 414 yards
Yarn used year to date: 414 yards
Yarn added this week: 0 yards
Yarn added year to date: 0 yards
Net used for 2012: 414 yards

To see what I made with the yarn, you'll have to come back after it's finished blocking.  There really should be some fabric usage pretty soon, too.

*"immediate need" subject to author's definition

No comments: