Monday, January 16, 2012

Design Wall Monday - 1996 Piecemaker's UFO

Well, this is something different on the design wall!  I'm so excited to be able to share this.  Judy L. at Patchwork Times is sponsoring a UFO challenge this year, and I'm participating.  This month my challenge was to prepare half of the applique pieces for the setting blocks for my ANCIENT project, the 1996 Piecemaker's calendar quilt... and I got on a roll once I set up my system, and prepared them all!  Then I used tiny little sequin pins to position them on their triangle or rectangle backings.  They are all ready to do the actual applique.  And, in fact, I'm working on the applique for the first one when I have time for handwork.  The hard part's all done.

Now, it's not all good news, because in looking over the actual calendar blocks, I could see that most of them still require some additional handwork, either applique or embroidery, to finish them.  I'll let that be my challenge for the next time this comes up in the UFO challenge.  But I didn't think I'd ever get back to this project, and it's really quite pretty.  I'd forgotten how fun applique is.

I am linking up to Design Wall Monday at Judy L.'s blog, so you can see what other quilters are up to!

No comments: