Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Stash Enhancement

The bad economy is my gain, once again.  So many of my favorite shops have been going out of business.  This time it's Woodland Woolworks -- I've never been to their physical store, but they have been my primary supplier of fiber for several years now.  I just don't spin enough on my own to keep anyone in business.  But I did take advantage of their 25% discount to stock up on some things I needed, and some things that would otherwise be luxuries.  Clockwise from top left:
  • 8 oz. of natural hemp sliver
  • 2.5 lb. of superwash Colonial wool, destined to be dyed orange for my sister's sweater
  • 1 lb. of Wensleydale Longwool top
  • 2 oz. of Tussah silk top in "Hallie's Berries" colorway
  • 4 oz. of Bluefaced Leicester from Frabjous Fibers in "Atlantis"
  • 4 oz of Targhee from Sweet Grass Wool in "Ladyfern"
Closeup of the Atlantis:

It should keep me spinning for awhile.  Of course, I still have a stash of older stuff.

No comments: