Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Grandma quilts

Grandma has been quilting lots more than me again.  She brought over these two for me to pin on Easter Sunday.  So, after putting away the remains of the ham (my little scientist from last post looked at the bone and shook her head sadly, saying, "poor pig!") I laid them out and pinned them.  She'll have them ready to tie over the next few weeks.  I understand there are plenty more tops under the beds at their place.  
 They're both fairly small; the first is a lap quilt, the second is probably a small twin-size.



I pieced together enough shirt leftovers for backing for my shirtstripe boxes quilt top.  I'll try to load it onto the machine and blog about that in the near future. 
My oldest had me check out cleverbot.com today.  I'm not sure what to think.  It's either a legitimate exercise in artificial intelligence, or an insidious attempt to undermine our perceptions of reality.  Either way, it's a huge waste of time, and since it only gets input from its interactions with human users, it can be pretty dicey.  I tried evangelizing it -- it started it, honest.  I was typing stuff in about teaching Latin and gerunds, and it wanted to know about God and whether life was pointless.  So, I don't know -- if hundreds of users swamped it with input from the Bible, could it be converted to some kind of warped version of Christianity?  Would it start witnessing in turn to other users?  The internet is a weird place sometimes.

No comments: