What was on my design wall is now all sewn together and has joined the to-be-quilted queue:
What is on the Megaquilter is still on there. I haven't quilted any since our plumbing problems.
I dug out a long-slumbering project and have begun working on it, as I described yesterday. It's , the Frugal Patch
from Quilter's Cache, but I'm amping it up by making it into a color study of sorts. I first printed out this pattern in 2006.
Now I have a new project on my design wall - you can check out others a the Patchwork Times
I'm not sure how much I want to cut before sewing more together, so I do a little bit here and there. So far I've been working on the blues because there are so many of them. At one point I cut a rectangle of almost every fabric in my stash, but my stash has grown since then.
It's the kind of quilt that needs to be played with on a design wall, so it will probably be up there for awhile.
I haven't killed my orchids yet! Adding an ice cube once a week is a little difficult when the pots are so tiny. Some of them just get watered more normally. This one has two bloom stalks; the first one I bought has one, and the other four were discounted because they had lost theirs, or been damaged.
The one on the far left is regrowing a bloom stalk, I think. Exciting times.
This is the first one I bought, still going well.
Since I finished the Tone it Down top, I'm counting an additional 8 yards of fabric
24 yards fabric used total, year to date
0 yards added to stash, but it's still overflowing.
24 yards net used, year to date
Yarn used year to date: 900 yards
Yarn added year to date: 1700 yards
800 yards net added, year to date
FYI - Since Judy Laquidara at Patchwork Times is no longer doing "Design Wall Mondays", I talked to her and got permission to continue Design Wall Mondays at my blog: http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/
I hope to see your posts on future Mondays, Judy Hansen
Post a Comment