Monday, November 3, 2014

Design Wall Monday

This is on my design wall this Monday (and you can click on the link to see what others are doing).
I am almost finished with those big diamonds to form my string star.  Three are done, the other five have four rows and are waiting for the fifth, and I have pieced most of the individual small diamonds that I will need.  It just needs about an hour or two of uninterrupted time.  Ha Ha!  I need to start thinking about the background fabric and the design... I'm pretty sure I want to do little stars with some of the extra diamonds, but how I'm going to set them I don't know.

The 9-patches and blocks draped off to the right are for that "low volume" quilt-along I joined yay long time ago... when I sat back down to finally do some quilting back in September after a long hiatus, I thought I would piece a few more of those Burgoyne Surrounded blocks, but I ended up getting drawn into the diamonds instead.  It's always an adventure in the quilting area.  I totally should do this more often.

I also bought four black fat quarters in preparation for the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt coming up later this month, and because I liked them.  I should technically log them as part of a stash report, but I fell off that bandwagon some time ago -- not because I bought too much fabric, but because I nearly stopped blogging altogether.  I'll just stick to piecing diamonds for awhile yet.

No comments: