Monday, September 16, 2013

Design Wall and Stash Report

Well, I survived the first week of school; there was even a little crafting.
I have made enough color-coordinated string diamonds to lay out a sample large diamond, or most of it.  This is my take on the Santa Fe String Star from Bonnie K. Hunter.  My plan is to use a solid gray as the background for the star, and I'm not sure about the border yet.  I think I like the possibilities.
And I finished a knitting project, for the first time in a long time.  This is my second Circle of Fun rug made out of many strands of cotton or linen from thrift store sweaters.  It's nice and squooshy and is going to be the new bathmat in my bathroom.

Stash Report:
Fabric:

Fabric used this week: 0 yards
Fabric used year to date: 53 yards
Added this week: 0 yards
Added year to date: 49 yards
Net used for 2013: 4 yards

Knitting yarn:
Yarn used this week: 4000 yards (estimated for rug; 8 strands worked as one)
Yarn used year to date: 10,550 yards
Yarn added this week: 0 yards
Yarn added year to date: 5800 yards
Net used for 2013: 4750 yards

No comments: