Saturday, April 25, 2015

Randomday

A true randomday; I just finished writing tomorrow's scheduled post, a book review.  I'm trying to wrap this up in less than ten minutes and head to bed.

Quarta has been working crew for the Cedar Tree Sherlock Holmes play that is now finished.  It has been a week of packed afternoons and some late evenings, but we went to the play yesterday evening and it was quite a treat.

I finished shampooing the living room carpet this morning, and was pleased to note that the carpet cleaner machine has stopped kicking out clouds of dust and started functioning more or less as it is supposed to.  I wonder if it had something to do with the broken piece of plastic that I removed from the belt access compartment.  I'm counting it a success, since it's at least 11 years old.

Shampooing the carpet in one room makes me realize the vast scope of the task of spring cleaning the whole house, which I don't think I will even try. Maybe I can tackle the family room next year.

This week I made an impulse purchase at Costco: I bought a stainless steel compost bucket, to replace the plastic gallon ice cream bucket that has been collecting kitchen scraps on the kitchen counter.  It is so much more elegant looking.

Steve found a snail this afternoon while gardening and Quarta adopted it and put it in an terrarium made of a salad greens container.  I think she's calling it Shellburt.

At least one of the reasons I haven't been blogging as much is because I have been obsessed with Duolingo for the last year or more.  Now, in addition to having completed the "trees" in Italian, French, Spanish, and German, and working on Dutch, Portuguese and Swedish, I have decided to try posting Latin lessons in the discussion forum, since there is a steady stream of people regretting that there is no Latin course available there.  Here's the directory I made for the course so far.  I'm kind of proud of it, but only time will tell whether I can keep up with it in the style of Duolingo.

And that's it, I'm going to call off random blogging and head in the direction of bed.

No comments: