Monday, January 8, 2018

On Ringo Lake Link-up (Parts 6,7,8 and not up to 9 yet!)

All right, folks, there is no way I was going to have a completed top by today. But I am happy to have slightly more than half of the blocks pieced, and am sharing photos here for the link-up at Bonnie's blog.


It's really a cheery, bright block and I look forward to getting them all sewn together and then figuring out the diagonal setting. It helped to have some uninterrupted sewing time over New Year's, but that is going to be harder from now on.

 It's kind of fun seaming a bunch of top rows and middle rows at a time. Then you can cut them apart, stack them, and make a bunch of blocks at a time.
I really enjoyed using a very wide variety of fabrics for this quilt. I used up some smaller bits that had been in my stash for a long time, and I cut a lot of extra strips to add to my strip bins for future use. Favorite neutrals are Kermit the Frog, Halloween candy, chicken wire, totem poles, bugs, musical notes, and maps. Favorite corals are some of the 30's prints, some of the Connecting Threads collections I dug into, and a bunch of others. Favorite blues - I always love the plaids, and the little skull and crossbones, and the fish prints. I used some of the brown floral scraps from my mom's sewing stash that I inherited. It's funny how I have such vivid memories of how and when I got most of these fabrics. Sometime I will have to count up the total number of different fabrics in this quilt, and I bet it will be over 100.

But for now I will slowly work to get the whole top together!


2 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Great photos! I enjoyed reading about your favourite fabrics in this project.... Bonnie would be proud with the large variety of interesting fabrics you have included...even some from your Mom's stash!!

WiltedQuilter said...

Your quilt looks fabulous. How wonderful to have so many special fabrics in it, especially the fabrics from your mother.