Wednesday, April 2, 2014

April Fools, April Goals, WIPs and Yarn-Alongs

I finished all my March goals... April Fools!
No, really.  The only goal I actually worked on at all was #3, knit the Mint Chocolate sweater to the halfway point.  It might be halfway, but I'm not that confident.  I also worked a tiny bit - microscopic - on the string star quilt.  I didn't expect everything that happened in March... the walking pneumonia, the son enlisting in the National Guard, which looks like it's really going to happen.  The coyote in the back yard -- turns out it was actually a dingo.  The neighbor kids' pet dingo.  Who is supposedly good with cats.  Yeah.  It was that kind of month.  I pretty much gave up on the crafting.

I read a lot of books - most recently The Weed that Strings the Hangman's Bag by Alan Bradley, Elantris by Brandon Sanderson, and Keep it Pithy by Bill O'Reilly.  Never say I am not eclectic.  I'm overdue for a book review day sometime soon.


I may not be sewing much, but Quarta whipped this little table-topper scrap quilt up Sunday afternoon while I was napping.  It was from some scraps from that epic estate sale I went to last year, and she just improvised it up.  Pretty cool for an 11-year-old.
She's made three quilts so far.

So, should I even bother to set goals for April?  Let's just modify the March goals:


  1. Knit the body of the sweater.  Sleeves can be another month.
  2. Make small progress on the string star.
  3. Make small progress on the machine quilting of Farmer's Wife.
  4. Do a spring cleaning of the sewing area.
I'm really looking forward to Spring Break next week.  I hope to get rid of the last of the pneumonia cough and have lots of time to read and craft.  I've been too tired to stay up later than 9:30 most nights lately.  Steve will be taking Secundus on college visits and I will try to keep the girls from going stir crazy here while not actually doing much.  It sounds wonderful to me, but I'm afraid the natives will be restless.


4 comments:

elflyn said...

Gorgeous knitting!
I can't believe your neighbours have a pet dingo, here in Australia they are protected and we are not allowed to keep them as pets at all.
Have a great week.

Wonky Patchwork said...

That sounds like a month to see the back of, hope April treats you better. And I love your daughter's quilts, especially the colours in her last one, beautiful.

sarah elizabeth :: {no} hats said...

Sounds like an interesting month! Beautiful projects ;)

junacreationsuk.blogspot.co.uk said...

I'm very jealous of people who can knit and have the patience for it. Your knitting is really good, great colours. I can crochet a little but find I get bored as it just doesn't grow as quick at sewing... hmm a little impatient I think.