Saturday, February 12, 2011

Quilting status

Pretty much nonexistent right now.  But since we have our internet speed bumped back up for the moment I'm going to add the photo I wanted to add the other day.  It's my version of Kaffe Fassett's Shirt Stripe Boxes from Passionate Patchwork.  I'm using -- you guessed it -- Steve's old shirts.  I have almost all the squares pieced and maybe 1/4 of the whole quilt. 

It's fun work but I took a hiatus sometime before Christmas to clean the craft area, which never got completely done, so I've been feeling guilty about how messy the craft area is and not going back there at all.  I need to excavate it again.  As it is, whenever I do the ironing I'm shoving aside 3 1/2", 6 1/2", and 9 1/2" mitered squares.

On the agenda today: violin lesson, shopping for clothes and a birthday present, a birthday party, a Starbucks appointment, dinner preparations for tomorrow, a library run, and I'm getting tired just looking at all that.  The fun things just require me as a driver, not a participant!  The chores I acutally have to do myself.

No comments: