Saturday, October 12, 2013

Randomday

I am another year older.  Dinner yesterday was provided by Steve, as were the roses.  We had Pad Thai, cooked by Steve, salad rolls from Dok Koon Thai restaurant, and a Chocolate Chipper ice cream cake from Cold Stone.  It's almost identical to the menu last year.  It's a winning formula, why change?
Tertia added color to her Dr. Who fangirl picture.  I like how she pictures herself styling with the purple glasses.  Notice Dr. Who wearing the 3-d glasses.  I think she wrote Captain Haddock from the Tintin books in as an extra travelling sidekick, and at least one or two of her school friends.

Steve and Quarta had a Daddy-daughter date to go to OMSI today.  Tertia and I had a Mommy-daughter date to go to the library, where she picked out more Tintin books.  Secundus has been going to consecutive hang-out parties with friends for the last 24 hours.

This morning I sorted through some of the embarrassing accumulated pile of school papers, grade reports, photos and artwork from the last three years that was in the dining room, organized it into stacks for the 4 kids, and put it in their "special boxes" downstairs in the basement.  That led to assembling the storage rack that has been in the basement for the last 1.5 years to hold the "special boxes."  Steve and I need to have a filing date for the household and financial records sometime soon.
The apple trees are ripe.  Steve makes applesauce every year with the apple harvest, but I've never been able to bring myself to process any fruit that wormy. I'll take my apples non-organic and with less protein.  If you look to the right of the apples, you can see Smudge's footprints from when he tracked across the paint pan that was drying on the porch.

And it doesn't get much more random than that.

No comments: