Monday, October 21, 2013

Design Wall Monday and Stash Report

Instead of growing quilt tops on my actual design wall, I'm gradually working on quilting the Farmer's Wife Quilt, mounted on my Megaquilter frame.  It's a short/mid-arm rather than a long-arm, so it has a limited range of motion and I can only quilt about half of a diagonal-set block at a time before having to roll.  Today I finished the first bit of blue sashing and began working on the actual blocks in the top row.  This is #106, Wild Rose and Square.

Stash Report:

Fabric:
Fabric used this week: 0 yards
Fabric used year to date: 53 yards
Added this week: 0 yards
Added year to date: 49 yards
Net used for 2013: 4 yards

Knitting yarn:
Yarn used this week: 350 yards for Quarta's purple socks
Yarn used year to date: 10,900 yards
Yarn added this week: 0 yards
Yarn added year to date: 5800 yards
Net used for 2013: 5100 yards

1 comment:

Patti said...

I guess I'm going to be making a Farmer's Wife quilt too. My 30's fabrics Yahoo group is doing it as a weekly quilt-a-long starting in January. I was very disappointed to find that the CD gave us templates rather than paper piecing foundations. Did you use templates for all your blocks? I think I will just use "math" to do all the ones with easy measurements. I'm not sure what would take less time for the hard ones - drafting them in EQ7 for paper piecing or giving in and using templates. Your thoughts?