It's done! I applied the binding in a furious rush Saturday morning before we had to leave for a 3-hour car trip to a wedding in Seattle, and hand-stitched it down mostly during that time in the car. This is the quilt-along from Melissa at Happy Quilting, and I just love the colors, the wonky stars, and the fact that it made a dent in my pink stash.
I had a bit of trouble with the Megaquilter while I was quilting it, but I eventually decided to pick out the variegated thread that was glitching it up, adjusted the tension and used plain eggshell thread, and it worked with a minimum of fuss. I'm still not all friendly with the Megaquilter again, but we're on coldly formal speaking terms.
As we all know, a quilt isn't finished until it has a binding and a label. So here it is. Final dimensions are about 61" x 85". I didn't put a hanging sleeve on because I figured it would almost certainly just be used as a bed quilt. This quilt is to be donated to the Cedar Tree auction this spring, where I sincerely hope the bidding will get fast and furious and one of my future students will win the prize.