Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Wednesday updates

I haven't linked up either to the Yarn-Along or WIP Wednesday for a few weeks because of, you know, school and all that.  I haven't quite found the right pace for combining school, family, and crafts, and you know what has to take a backseat.  I have been making very small bits of progress though, and I can at least show that much here.
I have two main knitting projects going on: a pair of Sweet Tomato Heel socks for Quarta in some Tofutsies that someone gave me, and the ongoing Rosalind sweater for me.  Both are comfortably past the halfway point, which is a nice place to be.  I need my knitting when life gets stressful.  I've been reading a fair amount too - my herb encyclopedia, God's Harvard (which I'll review sometime in the next few days), and the latest Agatha Raisin mystery.
This is the Circle of Fun rug I finished a few weeks ago - enjoying using it in our master bath.
It has been a few weeks since I put my Farmer's Wife quilt on the frame.  I am still working up courage to quilt it.  I want to do freeform feathers on the border, so I have been watching youtube tutorials and I think I just need to jump in and go for it, but probably it will go better if I pick some day when I'm not exhausted to begin with.

The other two quilt projects are the Santa Fe String Star and the Lord of the Rings "Not All Who Wander Are Lost" fan quilt.  I enjoy both of these projects but have only been making tiny, miniscule progress on them, so these are recycled photos.

3 comments:

Laura B said...

Ah, I can sympathize. Many projects on the go, but not enough time to work on them.
I like your Santa Fe star. Nice colours.

a maidenhair fern said...

You've got some fun projects going there. What a fun rug. Quilting frame? do you quilt by hand or do you have a long arm? I'm really loving your Santa Fe Star. Finish the fasted finish, then you'll have some confidence behind you.

CathieJ said...

Wow, you have a lot of projects going on. Hmm, sounds a lot like me. Don't know how you do all that with all the other stuff you have going on. Good job!