Saturday, September 28, 2013

Randomday

Tertia, Quarta and I went to the Down Syndrome Buddy Walk today.  It had to be held mostly indoors because of rain, but it was a nice time.  You'll have to take my word for it, because I didn't take the camera and my cell phone camera hasn't been working for nearly 2 years.
I did take a picture of the Lovage, Caramelized Onion and Potato Frittata I made yesterday for dinner.  It was quite nice.  Lovage is an interesting herb/vegetable.  It tastes like very strong celery, but it looks more like parsley.  I followed the linked recipe except I made it a little bigger and added about half a bunch of chopped mustard greens and kale.

Rain.  We've had a more than usually rainy September and August.  Everyone thinks it rains all the time in the Northwest, but we can usually count on a sunny and dry second half of the summer and a nice Indian summer.  But not this year.  It makes us a bit grumpy.  Some of us, anyway.  I'm personally also grumpy because I don't get enough sleep, I can't keep the house clean, and I don't get enough time to knit and quilt.


No comments: