Friday, August 30, 2013

Not All Who Wander Are Lost

I am inordinately proud of these two first blocks in the Not All Who Wander Are Lost quilt from Fandom in Stitches.  I just made them this week (yesterday and the day before) and I'm working on the third one now.  Paper piecing is fun!  I did a bunch of it a long time ago when I made Daniel's Noah's Ark quilt, but that was more than 12 years ago.  These patterns are all free for personal use, and they have lots of other subjects (Harry Potter, Disney Princesses, Dr. Who...) depending on your interests.  This quilt-along started in January so I have a bit of catching up to do.  I am steadfastly ignoring the back-to-school shopping and other things I am supposed to be doing.  Lesson plans?  What lesson plans?
Bag End.  Quarta donated the gold bead for the doorknob.  The road goes ever on and on, down from the door where it began. 
Bree -- Pippin's beer mug.  These blocks are 7" finished, except for some that are larger sized.  I'm working on Weathertop now, which has some pretty intricate piecing.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm a big fan of PP too. Your blocks looks great! Happy stitching to you!

Anonymous said...

Your blocks are fabulous....I love paper piecing. Thanks for sharing. Stopping by from Crazy Mom Finish Up Friday. Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

Pam @ Quilting Fun said...

Okay not sure how I missed a LOTR quilt along! Love your blocks!