- wool stuffed toy cat -- randomly drawn from the list, I never even attempted this.
- finish Steve's socks -- finished, felted, and unwearable. Bah humbug.
- make Daniel some socks -- 60% done
- hand applique one block of Piecemaker's calendar quilt -- not even attempted
Daniel's socks are progressing nicely as blogged yesterday. I bailed on the wool cat toy and the applique projects because I a) didn't have time and b) wasn't really that interested in more handwork this very busy month. Instead, I made small but respectable progress on my Easy Street quilt top. I'm satisfied, and will remove the cat toy from my queue and my guilt backlog unless I happen to get inspired to do it again.
So, to determine the four goals for February. First I went to Random Number Generator and drew #20 from my master list, which states and I quote: "and have fun, or everything else is pointless." So I now have direction. I'm taking it as Providential. It's certainly a good reminder from myself of a month ago to myself now about why I do all these crafty things in the first place.
My four goals for February are:
- have fun, or everything else is pointless.
- hand applique one of the floral side blocks for the 1996 Piecemaker's calendar quilt
- finish Daniel's socks, and get halfway on another pair for Steve.
- finish the Easy Street blocks and begin seaming them together
- and for good measure, make Crumbs blocks and play with the Scrappy Trip-Along. Which will be fun even if I don't get them done.
I suspect that others got more done in January than I did: check it out at Patchwork Times.