Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve Updates

Jack's Chain is finished!  I injured my finger sewing that binding on, but it will be wrapped and go under the tree for Tertia.
I just wrote on the back, which is a vintage sheet, instead of making a special label.
Barney the Purple Dinosaur is finished and the binding is machine stitched on.  Now I have to hand-stitch it to the back before giving it to Quarta.  "Make it work!" time.
Easy Street, step 5 is in progress but not very far along.  It is Christmas Eve, after all, and I have pies to bake and wrapping and binding to do.  I just came back from a run to Target and Kohls.  Yikes, lots to do!
I was playing with my units and came up with this.  Not bad, but it doesn't use all the parts.
Linking up to Easy Street linky party and Design Wall Monday.  And Merry Christmas!

Stash Report:

Fabric used this week: .5 yards for purple quilt binding
Fabric used year to date: 94.5 yards
Added this week: 0 yards
Added year to date: 28 yards
Net used for 2012: 66.5 yards

Yarn used this week: 0 yards
Yarn used year to date: 7786 yards
Yarn added this week: 0 yards
Yarn added year to date: 3503 yards (all handspun, not purchased)
Net used for 2012: 4283 yards

9 comments:

Kevin the Quilter said...

Hmmmm......you may be onto something there? Great colors in your mock up.

Kevin the Quilter said...

Hmmmm......you may be onto something there? Great colors in your mock up.

Kevin the Quilter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon Thomsen said...

Wonderful mock up! Very cool idea.

Crystal Medley said...

Lay out looks good, I bet thats just what we will do with those lime green squares. Happy Quilting

MTN MAMA said...

Loved that you used a vintage sheet for the back of your quilt and wrote on it. One of my goals in 2013 is to LABEL everything I make this year. Loved that you just wrote on the back.....hey, it is labeled!!! Merry Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

It's fun seeing how everyone places the units into blocks. Merry Christmas.

ItsNurseJessi said...

Your mock-up is great! it is a right pretty block in itself! I bet we will all be surprised when we finish- they are going to be gorgeous!

Andee said...

All your projects are looking good..I can never guess Bonnie's mysteries!