Wednesday, September 26, 2012

WIP Wednesday and Yarn-Along

It's been awhile since I had any real progress to report... actually, it's been since the start of school.  I can't help feeling jealous of all those bloggers and Facebook friends celebrating sending the kids back to school so they have time to sew!  Somebody has to sacrifice quilting time to teach those kids!

But, I finished quilting my Log Cabin yesterday.  This was one of my long-term UFOs and it's now almost finished!  I just need to make a hanging sleeve, trim the edges and sew on the binding.  I'm happy to get some machine-quilting mojo back, before I start on some other quilts that demand something a little more than just squiggles. I'm linking up to Freshly Pieced.

And I'm also linking up to the Yarn-along at Small things.  That lump of blue yarn is my handspun Wensleydale that I'm attempting to knit into the EZ Half-Pi shawl "camping".  Been working on it since Family Camp in August and it's sloooow.  It looks like a big jumbled mess and I'm taking it on nothing but faith that it will ever look good once it's blocked.  And I'm doing a quick scan of Mossflower by Brian Jacques, which I've read multiple times before, as I read through the entire Redwall series in chronological order and prepare to write a book review of each of them.  Except, nothing is quick these days... except the kids growing up!

This little girl turns 13 today!  She wants to get on Facebook now. 

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I like your Log cabin quilt. Good luck knitting, I can't knit at all.

Alyssa said...

Happy Birthday, Emma!