Monday, September 3, 2012

Design Wall Monday, Ufo and Stash reports


It is what it is.

My feathered star medallion was my UFO for August... I've had it as a UFO since 1999.  Some of my favorite fabrics ever are in here, and I love the way they combine.  I just never really loved my technical skills in piecing it!  I took my aunt's advice and just slapped some borders on it, and it now looks finished and pretty.  It's a finished top and will join the lengthening queue of tops waiting for machine quilting.  I'd ultimately like to hang it in the living room, maybe using it as a table topper around Christmas time. 

My tastes in fabric haven't changed since I started this, but I definitely am more comfortable with a very scrappy approach now, and it almost seemed too matchy-matchy for me.  I bought lots extra of the fabrics, which can now be released to mix and mingle with the rest of my stash.  I didn't technically finish it in August, since it was actually September 1 when I attached the borders.  But I'm counting it as a UFO FINISH.  So there.  September's UFO is a kit I bought for a bag; so far I haven't done much general sewing this year in the UFO project, but this would be cute so we'll see.  Right now I'm in that very depressing, no-time-for-sewing, frenetic period of lesson planning and back to school shopping.  I wish everyone else would go back to school and work so I could have a vacation and sew!

Stash report (it's been a few weeks):

Fabric used this week: 1.5 yards
Fabric used year to date: 55 yards
Added this week: 0 yards
Added year to date: 28 yards
Net used for 2012: 27 yards

Yarn used this week: 314 yards for Summer Flies shawl
Yarn used year to date: 6144 yards
Yarn added this week: 0 yards
Yarn added year to date: 3503 yards (all handspun, not purchased)
Net used for 2012: 2641 yards



No comments: