Monday, August 27, 2012

Manic Monday

Daniel's first day of college classes was today.  Here's the cell phone picture Steve took on move-in day... wasn't that considerate of him?  He knows I like pictures of quilts for my blog.  Look how neatly the new bed is made with the new twin-extra-long sheets!  Shirt-Stripe Boxes is now in Pennsylvania.  Just a little over a week ago it was on his own bunk bed.

Daniel is loving college by all accounts, and Steve and Secundus are on their long way back home.  They drove from Grove City, PA to Hillsdale, MI today, and then on to Davenport, IA.  That's a lot of driving... Secundus is logging some serious hours.

The girls and I were at Family Camp in Wamic, OR last week.  We're all pretty much exhausted. 
Tertia and her best camp buddy, before and after the big splash.  They did this for hours.  I finished a shawl and started another one.  It was a good Family Camp; wish the boys could have come too.

Today was a manic day... laundry, and then some special shopping, then cleaning before the delivery of the special shopping items, more laundry, cajoling the girls to do their chores, killing fleas (I treated the cats more than a week ago, but the stragglers are die-hards).  I tried a new recipe for macaroni and cheese today, Quarta picked a few blackberries to go on our ice cream for dessert, we watched a bit of an older Pride and Prejudice miniseries on Netflix, we assembled a tabletop soccer/foosball game the boys never put together from at least two Christmases ago, I went out to Knit Night at Starbucks for about 15 minutes, and I still have to sort laundry.  I actually did more laundry today than usual because my extra cleaning was part of an intervention I'm staging in Secundus' room.  Pictures to follow.  Honestly, that boy needs some serious organizational help.  But the only way I'll ever be able to get in his room is when he's halfway across the country.

I can't believe I need to get the back-to-school planning done for the rest of us.  Where has the summer gone?



3 comments:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

My goodness have you all been busy! Looks like a wonderful place to go swimming too! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion at the River Linky Party Tuesday

ljeanne said...

I belong to a knitting/crocheting group that meets Monday nights at Starbucks in Conyers, GA.

ljeanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.